1. Marketing to the Social Web: How Digital Customer Communities Build your Business
Thesis- Social media can create and broaden a customer base dramatically.
- Weber, L. (2007). Marketing to the social web: how digital customer communities build your business. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.
2. Social Media Marketing Industry Report: How Marketers are Using Social Media to Grow Their Business
Thesis- Proof that it is worth participating in Social Media Marketing and the different ways in doing so.
- Stelzner, M. (2011). How Marketers are Using Social Media to Grow Their Business. Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 1, 1-10.
3. Users of the World, Unite! The Challenges and Opportunities of Social Media
Thesis- “describing the concept of SocialMedia, and discuss how it differs from related concepts such as Web 2.0 and User Generated Content. Based on this definition, we then provide a classification of SocialMedia which groups applications currently subsumed under the generalized term into more specific categories by characteristic: collaborative projects, blogs, content communities, socialnetworking sites, virtual game worlds, and virtual social worlds. Finally, we present 10 pieces of advice for companies which decide to utilize Social Media.”
- Kaplan, A. (1956). Users of the World, Unite! The Challenges and Opportunities of Social Media.Business horizons (53 ed., pp. 59-68). Paris, France: ESCP Europe.
4. Facebook Marketing: Leverage Social Media to Grow Your Business
Thesis- Facebook has huge potential for marketing. It just can’t seem like marketing to the consumers
Holzner, S. (2009). Facebook marketing: leverage social media to grow your business. Indianapolis, Ind.: Que.